Tuesday

One flower

This flower is made of 5/8" hexagons. 

I have sewn 1" Half Hexagons on both sides of my top.
I'm thinking of a border and appliqué 
some smaller flowers
like this 5/8" or 1/2" on the border.
I'll make some more flowers and see how it will look. 

I just don't want to stop making flowers.
If you like to see some more flowers, just visit 
Karen  at Journey of a Quilter. She is hosting this 
Garden Party every Wednesday.
Thank you Karen!!!!

Sweet Nostalgia

This is my block for May - How does your garden Grow?
Designed by Dorothy Baker. 

Finished eleven blocks - just one more, and I can start to put them all together.

Until next time
Happy stitching

Paula




11 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a darling little hexie block!
It looks awesome the way you fussy cut and pieced this one to re-capture the blossom print..just LOVE it!

Your May stitchery is wonderful!

Anthea said...

Paula, your hexagon flower is stunning! Your quilt top looks lovely, I can see a lot of work has gone into that. Beautiful! And your Sweet Nostalgia is stitched so meticulously, well done!

Karen said...

Lovely little blue flower! The pink fabric is just beautiful and a nice finish with the half hexies. I like the idea of a border with appliqued flowers too. Very, very nice Paula! And, how sweet is your May block and just one more to go!!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Paula, your hexie is lovely.....and the tone on tone peach is such a soft and restful background.......what a beautiful garden you have growing.....and I can't wait to see all the stitchery blocks together!

Gerda Hartman said...

Lovely flower and your stitchery block is just lovely.

Maria said...

Very clever the way you stitched your flowers...
The stitchery is very sweet too.

annemieke said...

Very nice ,the pink you use.

Quilter Raised in the South said...

what beautiful hexagons, maybe when mine will grow up to be like yours:)

Hilachas said...

What a cute little hexie flower.

Jen said...

HI! Paula, A pretty Sweet Nostalgia block. Look foreward to seeing the finished quilt.I love your fabrics for the Hexies.Very lovely. I have just started doing Hexagons and find them fun to do.

Dorothy said...

Paula, your May block looks wonderful!
I am really tempted to try to do something with Hexies!